torsdag 26 april 2012

The Body Shop Nutriganics Drops of Youth

The Body Shop - Nutriganics Drops of Youth 30ml  €28,20
Our certified organic range has been created for the first signs of ageing. This innovative concentrate helps to enhance surface skin condition, leaving it looking smoother, fresher and healthier.
• Helps enhance surface skin condition
• Smoothes
• Instantly moisturising
• 99% of ingredients are of natural origin










Först och främst vill jag börja med att säga att jag aldrig tidigare har använt ett serum så jag har inget att jämföra med men jag skall ändå försöka recensera denna produkt så bra som möjligt! Jag har använt serumet tillsammans med mina produkter från REN Skincare i ca 2 månader.
     Till konsistensen är serumet ganska tjockt och pipetten (som inte är något vidare) har ibland svårt att få upp tillräckligt serum. Applicationen av serumet på huden känns skönt, serumet blir liksom tunt och känns svalkande. Serumet sugs snabbt upp av huden och lämnar den ganska matt och "tight" (men inte på ett obehagligt torrt sätt).
    Eftersom serumet heter "Drops of Youth" är det ganska uppenbart att det skall ha en föryngrande effekt, rättare sagt motverka de första tecknen av föråldring & rynkor. Nåja, jag är ju ännu såpas ung att det främsta problemen jag har med min hy är inte föråldring. Dock har även jag några fina linjer och jag kan ärligt säga att detta serum har inte påverkat dem på något sätt, varken på gott eller ont.
   Jag märker heller inte av något direkt "utjämning" av hudens textur men jag tycker mig se en förbättring i mina acne ärr, det är liksom min röda & pigmenterade och nya ärr tycks läkas lite snabbare. Däremot tycker jag inte att serumet är speciellt återfuktande som de också marknadsför sig som. Jag har fet till kombinations hy och jag haft väldigt torra partier trots att jag använt serumet.
   Summa sumarum tycker jag att detta är ett helt okej för mig. Varför jag tycker att det bara är okej är för att de inte lever upp till det jag behöver av ett serum; vilket är snabbare förnynade av hudens celler samt hjälp med att bleka acne ärr. Jag tror detta serum skulle vara perfekt för någon med normal hy, men passar troligen inte personer med så att säga "problematisk hy" som t.e.x. acne ärr, torr eller fet hy. Jag kommer nog inte att köpa serumet på nytt eftersom det helt enkelt inte är det min hy behöver, dock tycker jag att det är prisvärt och kan förstå varför så många andra gillar det.



First and foremost I want to start by saying that I've never used a serum before so I don't have any references, but I'll try to give an as accurate review as possible. I've been using the serum for about 2 months in conjunction with my other skincare products from REN.  
    The consistency of the serum is quite thick so the dropper (which is not very good) has a hard time picking up enough serum. The application feels good, the serum gives a sort of cooling sensation and makes the skin feel smooth & matt but a bit thigh (not in a uncomfortable dry way though). 
    Hence the name "Drops of Youth" it's pretty obvious that it is supposed to have a rejuvenating effect, more specifically fight the first sight of aging. Well, I'm still pretty young so wrinkles aren't biggest issue I have with my skin. Anyway I do have some fine lines but I haven't noticed any change in those while using the serum, not good or bad. 
    Also I haven't noticed that the texture of my skin has gotten any smoother but I feel like my acne scars have gotten a tad bit lighter and any new scars seem to heal somewhat faster. Nothing major though. I don't find the serum especially moisturizing either. I have oily to combination skin and while using the serum I've still had some dry patches.  
    All an all I feel like it is an okay serum for me. Why do I only think it's okay? Well doesn't live up to the expectations I have a of a serum; I would need it to lighten acne scars and improve cell renewal to be ideal for me. I think would be a perfect serum for someone with normal skin, but it probably wont cut for anyone with "problematic skin" such as acne scarring, dry or oily skin. I will not be repurchasing the serum because it's just not what my skin needs, but do think it is worth the price for those with the right skin type and I can why so many people like it.



1 kommentar:

  1. Totally agree.. this didn't really do anything for me tbh.. haha :)

    & I have one look ready for tomorrow, however im not really happy with it so I might make a new one tomorrow.. xx ill let u know

    SvaraRadera